Monday, October 9, 2017

The Young, the Elderly, and #InDScribe2017 by Brenda Whiteside

The day is half gone in some time zones, and I'm just getting this post up. Even though I have a daily planner, some days I don't have time for much except what is thrown at me. Finding the time to look at my planner never happens. We've all been there.

I arrived back at the Ranch last night after a week in Prescott. Half the week I was granddaughter tending, which I love, but she's all consuming. The world revolves around a four year old, at least in Nana's mind. After three days with her, exhaustion sets in. The other half of the week, I kept my mom
company while my sister and brother-in-law got a few days break. Mom is 86 and in perfect health, but refuses to spend a night alone. I understand her concerns and don't mind spending time with her. But she is as consuming of my energy as my granddaughter.

In the middle of that, we had to go down to Phoenix for the funeral of a very dear man. He's been our friend for thirty-eight years. The service was beautiful, but emotionally draining.

With all of this, I'm supposed to be getting ready for the InD'Scribe Conference which I am driving to on Thursday. Fellow Rose, J L Wilson, will be flying into the Phoenix airport. I'll pick her up and we'll head out on a road trip. California here we come. What to wear? What to take? Wine is the only thing on my list at this point.

The Power of Love and Murder is a finalist for a RONE Award to be announced at the conference. Wish me luck!
Amazon Buy Link

For thirteen years, Penny Sparks has managed to hide from the political powers who murdered her family. When she unwittingly exposes her true identity, not only is she marked for death, but the people closest to her risk meeting the same fate. 

Jake Winters is out of rehab and coming to grips with his demons. When he meets his sister’s roommate, Jake believes Penny might be that someone who can help him find life after rock star status…until her secrets blow up his world. 

With a government agent turned hit man closing in on her, Penny and Jake race to expose the presidential contender behind the murders of her family. Even if they win the race with death, the murder that stands between them could end their hope for a new life. 

N N LIGHT REVIEWS
If you’re a fan of romantic suspense, this is a must read. If you’re a fan of suspense and/or political thrillers, you’ll love it!  

KAM’S PLACE REVIEWS
Like the other "Love and Murder" books in the series, Brenda crafted a story full of mystery, corruption, bit of romance, and ended it all with a happily ever after.

12 comments:

Mary Anne Landers said...

Good luck, Brenda!

Vonnie Davis, Author said...

Oh, I LOVED this book. I'll be humping with glee if it wins. I might even jump. Lawd when will I learn how to spell? My fingers won't go where my mind sends them. I'm writing a novella with a 4 year old. I should ask you if I have his speech mannerisms right. I'm sure your granddaughter loved every moment of your loving presence. And your mom, also. You and JL have a great time.

Brenda whiteside said...

Thanks, Mary Anne.

Vonnie, I like your typos better. LOL Sure, if you want to run some dialogue by me, do. She's pretty advanced for her age but I might be able to help.

Rolynn Anderson said...

Precious time with family wins over everything. I'm glad I get to see you at InD'Scribe...I'll be cheering for you to win the RONE!

Jannine Gallant said...

Sounds like you've had your hands full! Wishing you much luck on the RONE! Go Team Brenda!

Brenda whiteside said...

It'll be fun with you there, Rolynn!

Brenda whiteside said...

Thanks, Jannine.

Alison Henderson said...

Brenda, I'm exhausted just reading about your week! I hope you ladies have a fabulous time at InD'Scribe.

Brenda whiteside said...

Me, too, Alison. Thanks!

Leah St. James said...

I'm with Alison, exhausted just reading about your week! I hope you can rest up for these few days so you'll be able to enjoy every minute! Good luck!!

Diane Burton said...

I'm late in commenting. Sorry. You're right about how all-consuming toddler (or preschooler) watching is. We usually have Toddler Girl (2.5 yrs old) one day a week. Thank goodness, she naps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon. That's when I get a few chores done, or take a nap myself. Spending the time with your mother while her mind is still active is a blessing. Again, time consuming. We spend many weekends taking care of Mom. Alzheimer's had taken her mind and she didn't know who we were. Good luck at the conference. I hope you have fun. Winning would be a bonus.

Alicia Dean said...

I'm sorry about your friend! Hope you and JL have a wonderful time at the conference. Keeping my fingers crossed for a win!