Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Could a Bear Shifter Book Become a Sex Manual? -- By Vonnie Davis

I'm writing this post early. By the time you'll be reading it, I'll have had cataract surgery the day before, on the 11th. So, as you read this, I'll be bandaged and using eye drops and going back to the surgeon for a post-op check-up.

The cataract is on the same eye that requires monthly shots in the retina. You see, I have dry macular degeneration in one eye and wet macular degeneration in the other. Wouldn't that be just like me? Even my eyes don't match! The cataract is in the eye that I get shots in the retina for the "wet" issue. The wet being bleeding behind the retina. So it seems I'm always dealing with vision issues of one kind or another. Still, compared to what so many other folks face physically, this is small stuff. I'm not complaining.

So to entertain you today, I'm sharing an email I received when my publisher put book one of my Highlander's Beloved series on BookBub for a day. I don't often get emails from readers, but when I do, I cherish them...this one, especially.

"Ohhhh my goodness! I've never emailed a writer/author in my life!
But wanted to personally thank you for your wonderfully outrageous imagination!!!
My husband thanks you toooo. Wink wink.
As I stated in my review on amazon....he started reading the book to me....oh my ....is there a bear in here....hahahaha! I was squealing like a lassie being chased and caught by a bear!!!!
I already purchased the next book.
Thank you Vonnie ....blessings."

Imagine the crazy visuals that flitted through my mind when I read this email. I laughed. I showed it to Calvin, who laughed and said, "Sounds like you've written a sex manual." Which, of course, made the situation all the more comical.

We just never know how readers will take what we write.


https://amzn.com/B00ILX9WC0

9 comments:

Leah St. James said...

Thank you for sharing your reader email, Vonnie. That is a keeper! And I hope by the time you can read this you're feeling well and on the road to full recovery!

Margo Hoornstra said...

Take care of yourself, Vonnie. I'm sure Calvin will take care of you too, though. Recover soon! Bet that e-mail made your day, uh, week, maybe month even? Congrats on connecting so well with your readers.

Diane Burton said...

I hope your surgery goes well. I was amazed at how well I could see after mine, but then you have more issues than I did. Loved the reader's email. Sounds like she's a real fan. Congrats!

Rolynn Anderson said...

Speedy recovery, Vonnie. A golfer friend of mine has your bleeding eye malady and she's a brilliant golfer...as you are a brilliant writer. How fun to get such a letter from a fan...where you've brought happiness to her and her honey. Bedtime reading taken to another level, wink, wink!

Jannine Gallant said...

Good luck with your eyes, Vonnie, and congrats on the fan mail! I've yet to get any, but maybe one of these days...

Alison Henderson said...

I hope you're taking it easy and heal quickly, Vonnie. I've received a couple of emails from readers over the years but never one to thank me for my "outrageous imagination." She nailed you perfectly!

Brenda Whiteside said...

I'm squirming for two reasons...your eye prob descriptions (not good squirms) and your fan mail (cracked me up and got my imagination going)!

Alicia Dean said...

LOL. What an awesome email. I'm like you, I cherish the few emails I receive, but I will have to say, I've never gotten one as unique and funny as this one. Sorry about your eye problems. Hope you're healing nicely!

Angela Adams said...

All I can say about that little clip from A Highlander's Obsession is -- "WOW!" Hope you're feeling better!