Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pinch me, I must be dreaming...by Donna Michaels

It’s been a remarkable year, so far, and it’s only half over. When I sit and think about all that has taken place the past few months, I can’t help but wonder if I am dreaming.

I barely recovered from hitting the NY Times and USA Today Bestsellers list back in January, (Who am I kidding? That still hasn’t sunk in. It’s just too surreal), then Kathryn Falk personally contacts me to invite me to RT last month—I just…wow. And I got to go up on stage at the welcome party in front of the whole 2k plus contingent with my 11 wonderful cowboy author cohorts to announce the new 12-Alarm Cowboy boxed set spearheaded by Kathryn. As if that wasn’t amazing enough, I got to meet my idol, Jill Shalvis several times, again…just…wow. AmazonEncore Publishing bought one of my books and actually gave me an advance. I’d never received one before. You can bet I copied the check and framed that sucker!!
Next month, I’m receiving 2 awards for HER UNIFORM COWBOY at the Author/Reader CON in New Orleans. (Still in shock, maybe pinch me again…) AND two weeks ago, I learned I have another cowboy up for a possible award this September. HER FOREVER COWBOY just finaled in InD’tale Magazine’s 2015 R.O.N.E Awards for Best Contemporary Cops, Jocks and Cowboys!  
 
Please don’t think I’m writing this post to boast. Absolutely not. I’m writing it to THANK all of those responsible. Don’t think for one second I assume all of that wonderful stuff happened because of me. Nope. It all happened because I have the most amazing, terrific, loyal readers, and the best, fabulous author friends in the world! Thank you all from the bottom of my fluttering heart! <3




The book I have with AmazonEncore is on sale right now for $1.99!






That new 12-Alarm Cowboy boxed set I mentioned is up for Pre-Order and only .99cents! Now’s a great time to get 12 hot, cowboy firefighters before the price goes up when it releases on August 4th. My contribution HER VOLUNTEER COWBOY is the 6 th book in my Harland County Series, and I won’t be releasing it as a single until September. This is a good way to get your copy, along with 11other smokin’ hot cowboys, and all for only .99cents!
Amazon
Barnes & Noble (Nook)
Kobo
iBooks

And I just had a New Release three weeks ago. HER HEALING COWBOY, Book 5 in my Harland County Series is now available in eBook and Print, and has garnered 16 Five Star reviews and 3 Four Stars. A big thank you to all who took the time to leave such wonderful reviews. <3
Holly’s stay in Harland County Texas is limited. She’s only there to help run her uncle’s ice cream business while he recuperates from an operation. Her home is in Colorado. Her life is in Denver. Her dream job is in Denver but won’t be if she doesn’t get back before her leave of absence runs out. Everybody knows this, but apparently her heart and body didn’t get the memo because they spark to life whenever her uncle’s smoking, hot doctor is around. But she’s been burned by one before and is definitely not interested. Much.
Doctor Jace Turner has one goal: Join Doctors Without Borders. Ever since his father was in a car accident and became HIV Positive from a blood transfusion, Jace set his sights on the organization and plans to join, once his contract is up with the Texas National Guard. The last thing he needs is the crazy attraction he feels toward the beauty from Colorado.
The cowboy isn’t looking for a relationship. She isn’t staying. Perfect set up for a fling. What harm could there be?

 As always, thanks for reading,

~Donna

7 comments:

Margo Hoornstra said...

Whirlwind year, Donna. Congratulations! The readers couldn't have done it though, if you hadn't put yourself out there in the first place.

Leah St. James said...

So happy for you, Donna. Congratulations. :-)

Rolynn Anderson said...

Donna, you are riding one fast horse, here. Congrats on all the well-deserved kudos. Hang on tight!

Jannine Gallant said...

You rock, Donna. Who needs Jill. You're my hero!

Donna Michaels said...

~Thanks, Margo! True. I am not afraid to take chances. ;-)
~Thank you, Leah!
~Thanks, Rolynn! I am!
~Aw, that's sweet of you to say, Jannine! I am in awe of your talent!

Alison Henderson said...

What a stunning bouquet of accomplishments, Donna. Huge congratulations to you!!

Diane Burton said...

WHat a great year you've had, Donna. And it's only half over. Congrats and best wishes.