Friday, March 20, 2015

Good Advice from an Admirable Character


Laura Breck
I’m sure there are many book writers who have influenced my life, whose words have evoked vivid images and inspired clever phrases. But what happens when you combine words and music?

This is when you can reach even further inside listeners than with only the written page. Music conjures its own feelings and emotions, and add that to the spoken word, and you’re making unforgettable impressions.

Jimmy Buffet has written so many of my favorite songs, just thinking about one can transport me from a cold Minnesota spring to a white sand beach on the salty sea. Bob Dylan notes Jimmy as one of his favorite songwriters, which is an even more outstanding recommendation than mine! LOL

The words I want to leave you with today are from his 1983 album One Particular Harbor, and the song is One Particular Harbor.




And there's that one particular harbour
Sheltered from the wind
Where the children play on the shore each day
And all are safe within

Most mysterious calling harbour
So far but yet so near
I can see the day when my hair's full gray
And I finally disappear

What is that song, that one particular place to go to in your mind that sets you free?

I’ll see you at the beach!
Laura
~Smart Women ~Sexy Men ~Seductive Romance
~Dancing in a Hurricane is available in digital formats at Amazon, Smashwords, and Barnes & Noble and in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Createspace
~Love in the Land of Lakes is available in digital format at Smashwords, All Romance Ebooks, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon, and in paperback at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Createspace

2 comments:

Jannine Gallant said...

I like to use song lyrics for book titles. They conjure up atmosphere and recognition for readers and give them a feel for what's inside the cover. And it gives me a theme song running through my head to write to!

Leah St. James said...

I've never heard that one, Laura. Great choice. :-)